- An insurgency is insurrection against your government by people who are not recognized as being “combatants” — essentially a military force.
- Those people may not be official combatants, but they may be heavily armed and acting like a conventional army, and/or may resort to guerilla warfare.
- Insurgencies can be broad-based, and as we’ve seen can go on for years (or decades), decimating the economy and ability of businesses to survive and grow.
- They are sometimes financed and supported by other state or organizations — what we call a proxy war. That can extend the insugency’s viability.
- The loss of life in protracted insurgencies is horrific.
- The ability to operate a business in the midst of an insurgency can range from problematic to impossible.
- The probability of damage to life and property can be extremely high.
Not the danger you face? See the 12 geopolitical dangers we respond to.
Or, simply contact us and we can discuss your situation with highest priority, discretion and security.
Your safety is our primary concern.